PhD, CCC-SLP, BCS-CL
Ad Hoc Committee Member, Illustrative Vignettes
Ellen has served children with communication disorders as an SLP, diagnostician, researcher, teacher, consultant and clinical supervisor for 40 years. She has been an ABCLLD Board Certified Specialist in Child Language since 2001. Her most recent employment and achievements in this area include the following:
- Private Practice owner/director, direct service provider, and consultant at the Reading and Speech Clinic in Bend, OR and Baker City, OR for the past 20 years;
- Reviewer of child language tests for the BUROS Center for Testing for the past six years;
- Diagnostician for ages birth to 21 and K-12 SLP for Baker School District 5J for the past five years;
- Center for Effective Reading Instruction Certified Structured Literacy Interventionist; and
- Published in journal articles, and presented at international/national conferences on the language assessment of children with multilingual, multicultural backgrounds.