Board Certified Specialists in Child Language
In order to maintain certification as a BCS-CL with the ABCLLD, specialists are
required to submit an annual fee (usually requested via email each fall).
Further, specialists are required to submit additional requirements every five years,
- Completed renewal application form
- Description of current employment and responsibilities
- Description of other activities related to child language and language
disorders (e.g., clinical practice, research, teaching, volunteer service
- Photocopy of current ASHA membership card to verify CCC-SLP from ASHA
- Documentation of completion of 40 clock hours of intermediate or advanced
continuing education in the past five years; 35 hours must be specific to child
language and language disorders and five hours related to child language and
language disorders. Copies of original documentation required. Please see the
Transition Plan for CE Requirement Expanded for more information.
|Status for Retiring Specialists
Are you considering retiring from practice or are you retired? You may remain a Board
Certified Specialist in Child Language by changing your classification to BCS-CL
(Retired). For more information, click here.